24×7×365 VoIP Network Operations Center Services: Features
“I can’t manage outages at 3am
then design networks at 9am.”
Complete Coverage for Complex Networks
ECG’s VoIP 24x7x365 NOC Services Provide Complete Coverage for modern VoIP Networks:
- 24×7 Active Monitoring of Your Complete Network
- 24×7 Call-In Trained, Technical Customer Support Available
- Expert VoIP Technical Staff available for escalation
- Based in the United States
ECG designs and maintains an NMS custom designed for your network.
Expert Monitoring, Analysis and Technical Support
ECG VoIP NOC Services provide 24x7x365 NOC Analyst staff whose responsibilities are:
- Detect problems in the SP Network (using SNMP, ping, and active service probes)
- Verify that the problems are real
- Make human-to-human contact to report the issue
- Follow event-response procedures
- Refer to ECG Technical Staff
- Answer calls, emails, and other requests from SP
- Manage and tune the monitoring system to detect all faults, give reliable, high-quality automatic reporting
The NOC staff use a monitoring system built and maintained by ECG. If SP already has a monitoring system, ECG can maintain it. The purpose of this is (a) to ensure ECG is monitoring things properly to our quality standards, (b) to minimize false-alarm reports because of bad monitoring, (c) and tune it periodically.
Skilled Human Verification
The NOC staff can execute procedures provided by the SP & ECG to assess whether a reported event is a problem.
- For a link-down: Ping & make a test call through the affected customer access link
- For an SBC overload: Verify that the system load is genuinely high
- For a call routing failure: Verify that the called number is a real genuine number through other carriers
- For a server-down failure: Ping, and attempt to login to the server to check its status
After following a Problem-Verification procedure, NOC Analysts can reach out to the humans. They follow a script provided by the Service Provider, so the NOC staff could make phone calls, send text messages, etc., until they reach somebody. NOC Analysts can also open tickets with other carriers, if requested by Service Provider.
Escalation to VoIP Technical Staff
If the Service Provider requests in advance, the NOC Analyst can refer a problem to a member of ECG’s Technical Staff for emergency maintenance or further research.
Inbound Technical Support Call Center Services
A Service Provider’s customers may contact a branded call center to get customized technical support and assistance. The NOC Analyst can open tickets in the Service Provider’s own CRM or Ticketing System, or use the ECG-provided Ticketing System.
Understand How Your VoIP NOC is Performing
ECG provides quarterly or monthly reports of the VoIP NOC Activities.
- Events Report: See what events occurred and how they were handled. Understand problematic areas of the network to improve performance.
- Action Report: See how ECG handled events that occurred in your network. Optimize how problems are resolved to maximize customer service.
- Responsiveness Report: See how fast ECG responded, and how long it took for problems to be ultimately resolved.